Yoram Yasur Agi: Creating a bedroom to relax
One of the reasons you can’t sleep well at night and don´t have enough rest might be that your room may not have an adequate decoration. For many people, their room is a nest, a place where we should feel comfortable and safe to finally rest after a long day of work. There is nothing better than your own space. Yoram Yasur Agi: The problem is when this good feeling deteriorates. If everything is well with your health but you still have sleeping problems, it may be time to see if the decor of your room is not the problem, and there is some advice you can follow to achieve a stress-free bedroom.
– Remove things from your sight and mind: Use the drawers of the nightstand and dresser to store items from your everyday life and let the pieces that bring good memories be displayed. A messy room with unnecessary information harms the process of emptying the mind.
– Add more warmth: A carpet, for example, can bring a new atmosphere to your room. Another element that can bring welcome and warmth is an armchair. Choose a comfortable one in warm colors that fit your style. These elements make your room a comfortable space to stay and make you feel welcome to go to bed.
– Dim lighting: It can be difficult to turn off the mind in a couple of minutes, and this can be achieved only by deleting the only source of general lighting in the room.Yoram Yasur Agi: The ideal is to have a lamp on the nightstand and leave it on for several minutes while the transition to sleep is made. When you feel your eyes heavy turn off the light.
– Neutral tones: Light and neutral colors are allies in improving sleep quality. They help reduce agitation, so they are a safe choice for your bedroom. Beige, ivory, white and gray, provide less stimulation, giving your room a sense of peace. Yoram Yasur Agi: These colors work well with bedroom furniture and decor to create a comfortable space. But if you like color and don’t want to give it up, blue, yellow, and green (all in clear, soft tones) are also good choices.
– Beware of scents: That scent of the delicious perfume that you bought, the moisturizer that you use every day and the hair products that impregnated on your pillow, rather than having them in your bed, it is desirable that they stay away. They certainly smell delicious, but the mix of all of them can be irritating and cause headaches. A scented candle or some relaxing scent are better for that space you are looking to relax and sleep.
– Hang what is necessary: Yoram Yasur Agi: Clothes for the next day, a suit or even a piece of clothing that you used but want to air before returning to the closet, they can be hung on hooks in the room. Rooms full and disorganized, where you have all lying on the floor or furniture are not good idea at all, and cause visual pollution.
– Discard the electronics: A talk with the group of WhatsApp or watching a movie in bed before sleep can prevent you from having a good night’s sleep. Electronic devices which are essential in our daily life routine, end up leaving us anxious and agitated, everything that should not happen before is time to rest.